Getting it right – avoiding the pitfalls under IFRS
28 October 2013
This webinar will consider the most common mistakes made when applying current IFRS – not just the numbers but the disclosures too.
We will then use one recently revised Standard as an example of how to minimise the risk of error.
- A summary of the most common mistakes made in financial statements covering:-
- Recognition, classification, (re)measurement and disclosure
- IAS 19 – Specific pitfalls that can arise when applying the existing Standard
- Worked examples on the new areas in IAS 19 (Revised), including defined benefit pensions schemes, past service costs and termination benefits plus related disclosures for all of these
- Dealing with transition when applying a new/revised Standard